- Are you a “vulture” if you deal with distressed property?
- Dominique Grubisa, Master Wealth Control & Vestey Trust
- Dominique Grubisa and DG Institute – Part 2
- Rick Otton – What harm did he do?
- Record Penalty for Rick Otton
- “Real Estate Rescue”, Dominique Grubisa and DG Institute
- Hiring a car? You’re driving uninsured!
- Rick Otton – Federal Court Decides
- Lease Options in Court
- Lease Options
- One more ‘rent-to-buy’ risk – property values
- Telemarketing, ‘Do Not Call’, and the The Property Investment Link
- Shocked by education costs? – why anxiety about your child’s education can make you vulnerable
- When even a free extended warranty is overpriced
- Consumer Guarantees and Used Cars
- Dodgy marketing of college courses
- Has the Government put Rick Otton’s book in all the libraries?
- Publicity Monster finally pays up
- When the going gets tough, the tough get …evasive?
- Publicity Monster customers get more than they bargain for
Author Archives: carolynbond
Note: Optima Wealth Solutions is a property investment firm http://www.owealth.com.au which shares a phone number with Optima Lending Solutions and Optima Homes. It is not related to Optima Group, Optima Lending or Optima Wealth Management who do not use telemarketers. … Continue reading
We are often reminded about the cost of educating our children at this time of year – not just because we’re paying for school books, uniforms and fees, but by media reports about the high costs of education. These cost estimates … Continue reading
Consumer Action Law Centre recently warned about virtually worthless warranties that consumers sometimes purchase when taking out a loan or buying a car. [Update 2020 Australian regulator criticises sale of useless insurance and warranties. A class action against a … Continue reading
(This is not legal advice. There are no written reasons for the VCAT decision so I am relying on notes I took during the hearing). A Victorian consumer recently received a full refund of the price he paid for a … Continue reading
Over the last six months I’ve spent time on the phone with dodgy salespeople – I even had someone visit my home – to try to uncover which training college was at the bottom of misleading telemarketing calls. The marketing of … Continue reading
Rick Otton and his students go to great lengths to show how “rent to buy” strategies are accepted – even supported – by Government, the Courts and the banks. Most of these claims are probably inconsequential in their own right, but it … Continue reading
See previous post for background. In June 2014, the Victorian Tribunal (VCAT) waived any obligation for my friend L’s business to pay $3,030 to Publicity Monster (PMAU) and ordered PMAU to refund to L the $1,317.80 he had paid them. … Continue reading
For a change, this post isn’t about rent-to-buy property. New: If you would like some legal information about running a similar case, send me an email (see the “about” page for my email address) or leave a comment (I won’t … Continue reading