- Dominique Grubisa, Master Wealth Control & Vestey Trust
- Dominique Grubisa and DG Institute – Part 2
- Rick Otton – What harm did he do?
- Record Penalty for Rick Otton
- “Real Estate Rescue”, Dominique Grubisa and DG Institute
- Hiring a car? You’re driving uninsured!
- Rick Otton – Federal Court Decides
- Lease Options in Court
- Lease Options
- One more ‘rent-to-buy’ risk – property values
- Telemarketing, ‘Do Not Call’, and the The Property Investment Link
- Shocked by education costs? – why anxiety about your child’s education can make you vulnerable
- When even a free extended warranty is overpriced
- Consumer Guarantees and Used Cars
- Dodgy marketing of college courses
- Has the Government put Rick Otton’s book in all the libraries?
- So what does a ‘peak body’ do anyway?
- Publicity Monster finally pays up
- When the going gets tough, the tough get …evasive?
- Publicity Monster customers get more than they bargain for
Tag Archives: Rick Otton
On 11 August 2017, the Federal Court found that Rick Otton, and We Buy Houses (WBH) (referred to as “the respondents” below) engaged in conduct which was misleading or deceptive or was likely to mislead or deceive in contravention of the … Continue reading
A former Rick Otton student, and witness in his Federal Court case, lost a lease-option case in Supreme Court of NSW (Australia) in December 2016. The case shows, once again, the risks faced by owners, buyers – and even ‘creative … Continue reading
Rick Otton and his students go to great lengths to show how “rent to buy” strategies are accepted – even supported – by Government, the Courts and the banks. Most of these claims are probably inconsequential in their own right, but it … Continue reading
The problem with ‘creative’ or ‘innovative’ strategies is that that the application of the law to the transactions may not have been tested in the courts. I’ve written previously about what can go wrong for buyers and unsuspecting sellers, and … Continue reading
See 15/3/14 addition to this post This post focuses primarily on rent-to-buy house deals, but it also applies to some other complex or high-risk consumer contracts. I’ve explained how some rent-to-buy deals work, and what the risks are for buyers … Continue reading