- Lead generation and financial services advertising
- Rick Otton – the aftermath
- “Heaps of houses and heaps of money!”
- Dominique Grubisa prohibited from legal practice
- Dominique Grubisa banned by ASIC for 4 years.
- Are you a “vulture” if you deal with distressed property?
- Dominique Grubisa, Master Wealth Control & Vestey Trust
- Dominique Grubisa and DG Institute – Part 2
- Rick Otton – What harm did he do?
- Record Penalty for Rick Otton
- “Real Estate Rescue”, Dominique Grubisa and DG Institute
- Hiring a car? You’re driving uninsured!
- Rick Otton – Federal Court Decides
- Lease Options in Court
- Lease Options
- One more ‘rent-to-buy’ risk – property values
- Telemarketing, ‘Do Not Call’, and the The Property Investment Link
- Shocked by education costs? – why anxiety about your child’s education can make you vulnerable
- When even a free extended warranty is overpriced
- Consumer Guarantees and Used Cars
Tag Archives: lease options
Sheree Becker, one of Otton’s “advanced mentoring students” has been found guilty of seven charges of obtaining financial advantage by deception. (Update – Sentenced 29/11 to 3.5 years jail, minimum 15 months). Feted by Otton (he referred to her as “advanced mentoring … Continue reading →
On 15 November 2018, Rick Otton and We Buy Houses received the highest penalties ever imposed in Australia for breach of Australian Consumer Law. The Federal Court imposed penalties totalling $18 million against We Buy Houses Pty Ltd (We Buy … Continue reading →
In this post I consider some examples of rent-to-buy houses (lease options) which were provided by the people who promote them. Even these positive examples offer very little benefit to an unsophisticated ‘buyer’ in exchange for significant financial risk. It … Continue reading →
In addition to all the other risks associated with rent-to-buy/vendor finance deals, the ‘buyer’ must gamble on a minimum increase in property value over a short-term. An examination of some historic property price fluctuations shows how high this risk this … Continue reading →
How have prominent rent-to-buy figures responded to challenges? The rent-to-buy industry has faced some challenges over the past few years, including negative media coverage, attention from regulators and a series of prosecutions.
This post is about selling techniques taught by Rick Otton. While not all rent-to-buy operators would use these techniques, it is likely that they are used widely in the industry. Many – perhaps most – of the people in this … Continue reading →
Update: Most rent-to-buy property agreements are prohibited by law in South Australia and Victoria. Check state legislation. While a number of rent-to-buy websites respond “yes”, this question could refer to any one of many different transactions. The term “rent to … Continue reading →