- Rick Otton – the aftermath
- “Heaps of houses and heaps of money!”
- Dominique Grubisa prohibited from legal practice
- Dominique Grubisa banned by ASIC for 4 years.
- Are you a “vulture” if you deal with distressed property?
- Dominique Grubisa, Master Wealth Control & Vestey Trust
- Dominique Grubisa and DG Institute – Part 2
- Rick Otton – What harm did he do?
- Record Penalty for Rick Otton
- “Real Estate Rescue”, Dominique Grubisa and DG Institute
- Hiring a car? You’re driving uninsured!
- Rick Otton – Federal Court Decides
- Lease Options in Court
- Lease Options
- One more ‘rent-to-buy’ risk – property values
- Telemarketing, ‘Do Not Call’, and the The Property Investment Link
- Shocked by education costs? – why anxiety about your child’s education can make you vulnerable
- When even a free extended warranty is overpriced
- Consumer Guarantees and Used Cars
- Dodgy marketing of college courses
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Rick Otton has had a lasting impact on some of his students, and similar risks are there for students of other wealth mentors, including Dominique Grubisa. Also see ‘Rick Otton what harm did he do?’ Property guru Rick Otton didn’t … Continue reading
On 22 June 2022, the Victorian regulator for lawyers announced that Grubisa “no longer holds a practising certificate in Victoria” and is “not entitled to engage in legal practice anywhere in Australia”.
ASIC has banned Grubisa for four years from “engaging in credit activity, providing financial services, performing any function in a credit entity, or controlling a credit entity or financial services business”
Also see, Dominique Grubisa and DG Institute, Dominique Grubisa and DG Institute – Part 2, Dominique Grubisa, Master Wealth Control & Vestey Trust, https://thenaysayer.net/media-dominique-grubisa-dg-institute/ Dominique Grubisa claims that “there is a misconception that taking over distressed properties is preying on struggling families”, and … Continue reading
See my other posts about Dominique Grubisa. Dominique Grubisa and her companies offer a range of courses and products, including a course on finding ‘below market value’ properties and negotiating deals with distressed sellers (which I write about here), a … Continue reading
Read an overview of my concerns about Grubisa’s Real Estate Rescue technique here. Also Are you a Vulture if you Buy Distressed property? This post considers some issues in more detail. These are my views on some content of Grubisa’s … Continue reading
The Federal Court has imposed record fines on Otton and his company for misleading his students and the public – but what harm was caused? Some of Otton’s students lost money, or were prosecuted by regulators, for using his strategies, … Continue reading
‘Damage waiver” in car hire contracts isn’t insurance, doesn’t cover some types of accidents and can leave drivers exposed to huge bills Excess insurance may be of little, or no benefit, if the ‘damage waiver” doesn’t cover you While many … Continue reading
Note: Optima Wealth Solutions is a property investment firm http://www.owealth.com.au which shares a phone number with Optima Lending Solutions and Optima Homes. It is not related to Optima Group, Optima Lending or Optima Wealth Management who do not use telemarketers. … Continue reading