- Rick Otton – Federal Court Decides
- Lease Options in Court
- Lease Options
- One more ‘rent-to-buy’ risk – property values
- Telemarketing, ‘Do Not Call’, and the The Property Investment Link
- Shocked by education costs? – why anxiety about your child’s education can make you vulnerable
- When even a free extended warranty is overpriced
- Consumer Guarantees and Used Cars
- Dodgy marketing of college courses
- Has the Government put Rick Otton’s book in all the libraries?
- So what does a ‘peak body’ do anyway?
- Publicity Monster finally pays up
- When the going gets tough, the tough get …evasive?
- Publicity Monster customers get more than they bargain for
- Rent-to-buy selling techniques
- Rent-to-buy houses – is it legal?
- Big comeuppance for ‘Big Kahunas’
- Do banks suggest rent-to-buy?
- Acceptance of rent-to-buy – the Census question
- Limitations of pre-contractual advice
Tag Archives: rent to own
The problem with ‘creative’ or ‘innovative’ strategies is that that the application of the law to the transactions may not have been tested in the courts. I’ve written previously about what can go wrong for buyers and unsuspecting sellers, and … Continue reading
I have written previously about a claim about a Census question supports the legitimacy of rent-to-buy transactions. In this post I’m considering the claim that “even the banks are suggesting rent-to-buy”. I don’t claim that ‘rent-to-buy’ transactions aren’t legal. Most … Continue reading